Addiction is truly a pretty severe and complex condition. And that’s the reason why most suboxone doctors suggest getting treatment as soon as identifying the signs of addiction. But in some cases that is not a possibility as there is some addiction syndrome that is hard to acknowledge like prescription drug abuse without the help of a suboxone doctor.
Antidepressant is such prescription medication that can make a person addiction but when compare to most of the illicit drugs, this medication doesn’t produce the intense high feeling or cravings. Because antidepressants have been used to elevate the mood by eliminating negative thinking, this medication can produce physical dependency impossible to get rid of without treatment for suboxone addiction.
The common types of antidepressants
There are two main types of antidepressant medications and those are- serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs) and selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs). Even though antidepressants haven’t been proven addictive in the traditional sense, but long-term use will produce dependence. So to be on the safer side, you need to learn about the sign of this dependency to take treatment for suboxone addiction woonsocket at the right time.
How a person gets addicted to antidepressants?
There is a difference when it comes to dependency and addiction. A person is dependent on a drug or alcohol when they start to get withdrawal symptoms upon stopping to use it. An addiction syndrome is not that easy, as addiction is a neurobiological and a chronic disease that gets influenced by the environment, physical and genetic factors. The person will suffer from withdrawal symptoms also but it can be managed with a sublocade shot. Addiction is more severe as the person cannot stop taking substance even after facing so many side effects.
Whilst, the person can grow physically depending on the antidepressant but these medications are not additive, not like cocaine, heroin, and other drugs. But that doesn’t mean that taking immeasurable prescribed drugs like antidepressants is safe, as taking any kind of allopathic medicine is harmful due to the severe side effects. If you are taking antidepressants without following your doctor’s prescription, then you can suffer from organ damage. So, get help from the suboxone doctor woonsocket in time.
The signs of antidepressant abuse
While this medication is not responsible to produce high like the common illicit drug produces, but that doesn’t stop people from trying. Here are the most common signs of abusing prescribed antidepressants:
- Financial struggles- Another common side-effect of taking more antidepressants that you need to is facing financial issues. Antidepressants are not cheap and neither are the sublocade cost, you need to choose for which cause want to spend your money.
- Poor hygiene- Because the person will be engrossed in the ecstatic feeling produced by the medication, they will not be very attentive to personal hygiene or how they look. You will start to see them dishevelled more and more.
- Bloodshot or red eyes- Taking an antidepressant is not healthy as it is and when the person starts to take the elevated amount of the medication, it starts to show on their face more specifically on their eyes.
- Odd or irregular sleeping habits– Drug dependency mess up our physical and mental health and that’s the reason why people either sleep more after taking the drug or not at all.
- Slurred speech- Because antidepressants produce some amount of high, it will be pretty reasonable to lose control over your speech. If you feel like you are losing control over your boy, consult with a sublocade treatment doctor immediately.
- Polysubstance abuse- As antidepressants are unable to produce as much high as others drugs, the patient often gets frustrated with the outcomes and progressed to polysubstance abuse. This ideally means that the person starts to take medicine with other drugs or alcohol or they can also start to consume the medicine in a different way. This way, the person becomes a threat to themselves as the health damage will increase multifold. Not only that, they can even die due to overdose.
If you or a loved one is facing any of the above symptoms, then you need to consult with sublocade doctors near me. As without the help of a professional you cannot get over the problem. It might not be as dire as the other addiction syndrome but it will surely damage your health and wealth little by little. So, we suggest you seek medical attention before the situation gets worse.